Before telling you what I want to achieve on the upcoming 2012, what my goals are and where I’m headed to, we need to look back and see what happened in 2011 and put things into perspective.
Did I meet my previous goals?
Did I come in short?
Was it a good year for me?
These are just a few of the many questions everybody (including you) should be answering right now and decide if the outcome was good or bad.
A positive attitude always helps us out to keep the right mindset, yes.
However, we should be careful with this belief…
If we actually know it was a bad year for us and we fail to accept it, then we’re preparing ourselves for failure once again.
That’s normally called denial.
This is very common between those who somehow never manage to “make it”.
Super short and simple way to explain this:
How can you fix something that’s not broken?
It is always smart to give yourself a pat in the back even if you just managed to accomplish a few of your plans but don’t fall for the “I did great” kind of thinking, particularly when it’s not true.
This is a business, we’re grown ups.
You’re not on that juniors baseball team anymore, a “you did great son” when you actually didn’t, is not going to help you in any way with your Internet Marketing career, so be honest with yourself.
I rather take a harsh but honest advice that actually helps me, than a fictitious “amazing job” that is not going to lead me anywhere.
How To Fix What You Failed To Accomplish
- Make a list of the stuff that worked and what didn’t.
- Outline a plan to dominate the aspects that you succeeded at.
- Create a second plan to convert your misses into hits and focus primarily on these.
“You are as strong as your weakest link.“
I did not plan anything formally because I didn’t actually had a plan to follow in the first place (bad move) but these were a few of the goals I had in consideration:
- Define a premium wordpress theme and stick with it
- Work at Internet Marketing for a full year until hitting 5K a month (free of expenses)
- Start working as an online consultant in addition to what I do offline
- Do not hesitate to buy services, even if I feel I don’t need them right now
- Try to be as good as I can and always aim for perfection
- Become an authority on the Internet Marketing niche
I did succeed at some of the goals, I failed in others but it is all good because I finally not only think I’m in total control, I feel I can do whatever I want now.
- After trying out the whole database of free wordpress themes, I decided to go with the Thesis theme
- I ended up WAY below hitting 5K a month but as I wasn’t even selling something, I don’t consider this a failure
- Working online or offering my services, it would be having a JOB online, I’m not looking for that
- I bought many services, even some that I haven’t used so this is a “oh well whatever” outcome or not a good one
- Aiming for perfection, not a good thing as I managed to do a lot more in one month than six months of trying to get things perfect first
- Did not become an Internet Marketing authority, changing that goal for something that brings happiness instead
Ever heard the phrase “baby steps” before?
Or “you have to learn how to walk before you can run“?
Whenever you’re creating your plans, stick to achievable goals.
Otherwise, you’re going to be set for failure again.
So without any further ado, here are some of my Internet Marketing Goals For 2012:
- Create an Internet Marketing product (my first one) for newbies getting started but NOT in the ‘how to make money online‘ niche
- Create a membership site in the guitar training niche for Spanish speakers (already got the domain for this)
- Offer at least one product on the Warrior Forum as a WSO (warrior special offer)
- Publish at least one different product on these marketplaces (clickbank, e-junkie, paydotcom) just to get the hang out of it and how do they work
- Keep building my list of subscribers, not aiming for a total number, aiming for complete awesomeness with them
- Stick to what works, get rid of what doesn’t
- Build a few micro niche sites which I will write in detail about them, right here on MarketingWithSergio.com
- Start outsourcing what I don’t feel I can do better myself
- Move out to an apartment which will become my office and recording studio as well
- Travel around the world with my girlfriend before deciding to say goodbye to “not married” life
- Changing the way I write and make everything a bit cleaner, also much shorter
- Going from a concept idea to an actual site, lightning fast!
- Creating a Getting Started section on the blog
- Many more to come
I know it seems like it’s a lot but take into consideration that we’re talking a full year here.
If you really check it out, it shouldn’t be that crazy to accomplish yet there is some hard work involved as I have never done anything like this before.
A Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Posts
- Special gift for December 25th
- Completely transparent Income/Investment no BS video (PayPal & AlertPay)
- Reviews of the best marketing training programs I took on 2011, both free and paid
- Currently accepting suggestions for 2012!
Getting Prepared for Success
To make things a bit simpler, I got armed to my teeth for this year.
Got my first internet marketing mentor, bought my way in for higher level training and decided to go all-in with this Internet Marketing Adventure for the 2012.
Many bloggers are starting to say “Merry Christmas” already, meaning they’re not going to publish any more articles until January comes.
To me, it’s going to be quite the opposite.
I’m going to take the time to really plan things out and if I need to tell you something, even if it’s right on the time Santa is coming down your chimney, I will hit the publish button anyway.
Now it’s YOUR Turn!
If you already published your 2012 goals, hit me up with a comment so I can go and check them out.
Take care and Merry Christmas in case I don’t see you until past 25! ;-)